Learn how to distribute your design tokens and assets from Specify to your GitHub repositories via automated Pull Request.
By default, Specify can only syncs your GitHub repository if you have a config file
.specifyrc.jsonat the root of your GitHub repository. If you want to sync design tokens from several Specify repositories you need to run the Specify CLI inside a GitHub Action.
Please make sure you have:
- A GitHub account
- A Specify account
- A Specify repository containing some design tokens and/or assets
Want to connect a GitHub repository from your GitHub organization? Please make sure you have the correct access rights. Otherwise, you'll need for an owner to approve your installation request.
- 2.Select GitHub
- 3.Click on "Connect"
- 4.Select the repositories you want Specify to have access to
- 5.You will now be able to connect your Specify and your GitHub repositories together 🎉
Once you've connected your GitHub account, Specify has to know what design tokens to synchronize and how.
- 1.Go to the Specify repository page you want to distribute design data from
- 2.Go to its "Destinations" page
- 3.Click on "Create Pipeline"
- 4.Select "GitHub application"
- 5.Select your GitHub account
- 6.Select the GitHub repository you want to distribute your design data to
- 8.Create the Pull Request containing your configuration file
- 9.Merge the PR created by Specify containing your configuration file
- 10.Specify will now automatically sync design data to your GitHub repository 🎉