Learn how to distribute your design tokens and assets from Specify as npm or GitHub packages.
This integration helps you generate design tokens and assets as private or public packages in a npm or a GitHub registry.
Workflow to distribute design tokens from a source (i.e Figma) as npm packages
Workflow to distribute design tokens from a source (i.e Figma) as GitHub packages
Choose npm if you already have a private npm registry, we suggest you distribute your npm packages there. It will prevent you from creating a public npm package that will take an unnecessary public namespace.
Choose GitHub if you want to keep your packages private to your GitHub organization without paying for an npm team account.
Choose a custom registry if your company uses its own registry. If you have specific security constraints like IP whitelisting or custom authentication.
Please make sure you have:
- An npm account, a GitHub account, or access to a custom registry
- A Specify account
- A Specify repository containing some design tokens and/or assets
- 1.Go to your Specify repository you want to distribute your design tokens from
- 2.Go to the "Destinations" page and click on "Create pipeline"
- 3.Select "npm packages"
- 5.Configure your package name, access type (public / private), and module type (Common JS / ES Modules)